This exfoliating cleanser contains fruit enzymes and other earth-derived ingredients for silky smooth, clear skin. It's a deep-cleansing treatment that minimizes the appearance of pores while it brightens and evens skin tone. Great for all skin types.
- Oat flour contains chemicals known as saponins which have powerful cleansing properties.
- Buttermilk contains lactic acid which makes a great exfoliator and brightens skin, fades brown spots, and evens out tone.
- Zeolite is a mineral mostly made up of silica and alumina tetrahedra. It's great for detoxification and similiar to activated charcoal zeolite helps to draw out impurities in your skin.
- Papain powder is an enzyme from the papaya fruit that cleans and rejuvenates skin by dissolving fats, purging and softening the epidermis. My dermatologist told me that this ingredient has the same effect as Retin-A, but not as strong.
- Pomegranate enzyme powder is a natural exfoliant that removes the outer layer of dead skin cells that trap both bacteria and sebum to help skin appear refreshed and healthy.
- Willow bark extract powder is astringent and soothing. It contains salicylic acid, which helps the skin shed dead cells and clears pores. Willow bark extract also contains phenolic acids; such as salicin, salicortin, fragilin, populin, triandrin and vimalin, as well as flavonoids, tannins (gallotannins and catechin-type tannins) and minerals.
- Cornstarch aids in the removal of dead skin cells.
This is a great exfoliating cleanser to use a couple times each week. Exfoliation is an important part of any skincare routine because it removes the outer layer of dead skin cells that trap both bacteria and sebum. Plus, if you leave the product on your skin for several minutes it makes a great face mask, enhancing the benefits to your skin and leaving it feeling smooth as silk.
I modeled this combination of ingredients after a treatment enzyme peel recommended to me by a salesperson at Sephora to reduce the appearance of my large pores (caused by aging). That product worked well but I didn’t like the chemical ingredients or artificial fragrance. I dropped the chemicals and fragrance from the original product ingredients list, made some natural substitutions, and retained several of the most important natural ingredients. The result is a product that works as well as the one from Sephora, using all naturally-based ingredients and a compostable container instead of a plastic one!
Non-toxic, all-natural ingredients, tested on ourselves and friends + family only. Chemical and preservative free. Comes in a 100% biodegradable cardboard container with eco-friendly label made from corn rather than petrochemicals.
This cleanser is stronger than the gentle cleanser, with more exfoliation, but is not harsh and does not remove makeup. For makeup removal, use our cleansing facial oil.
Directions for use: Wet face, shake some grains onto hands, rub briefly, then gently massage on face, avoiding eyes. Rinse. Can also be used as a face mask by leaving product on skin for several minutes before rinsing. If used up to 3 times per week, there is enough product in this container for 2-3 months.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
SKIN DEEP DATABASE LINK
- 1 oz. (28g) net wt.
- natural exfoliating cleanser
- contains fruit enzymes for clear skin
- minimizes the appearance of pores
- brightens and evens skin tone